Thomas Andrews considers it a pleasure to have assisted countless veterans in obtaining benefits they deserve. He will fight the VA with perseverance and his knowledge of the complex VA system to help you.
Thomas Andrews was born, educated and continues to work in South Carolina. He was a student in the South Carolina Honors College and graduated with honors from USC with a double major in English and political science in 1999 and with honors from the law school at USC in 2002. While in law school, he was an associate articles editor for the South Carolina Law Review; chief research assistant to Professor David G. Owen, a nationally known authority on Products Liability law; and, as a finalist in the J. Woodrow Lewis Moot Court Competition argued before the South Carolina Supreme Court. After law school, Thomas worked as a law clerk to a South Carolina circuit court judge and then as a staff attorney at the South Carolina Court of Appeals. He worked at a mid-sized insurance defense firm for two years before starting his own legal practice dedicated to assisting veterans in obtaining their VA benefits.
Outside of the office, Thomas stays busy helping his beautiful wife chase after their two young children, serves as a member of his church's vestry, is a senior judge with the South Carolina Barbeque Association, is a member of the Society of the Sons of the American Revolution, is a former Eagle Scout, and tries--usually unsuccessfully--to coax vegetables to grow in his small backyard garden.
Thomas has successfully handled cases before the Columbia Regional Office, the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, the Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims, and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Thomas has successfully handled cases involving PTSD, Agent Orange, DIC, accrued benefits, Individual Unemployability (IU) and injuries to the knees, shoulders, back, and feet, among others.
Qualifications and Admissions
- Has been a VA Accredited Attorney since 2009.
- Admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims, the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- A Sustaining Member of the National Organization of Veteran Advocates.
- Drafted the veteran section in the South Carolina Senior Citizens’ Handbook created by the SC Bar and S.C. Lt. Governor’s Office on Aging, which can be found at http://aging.sc.gov/legal/Documents/Senior_Citizens_handbook-Corrected%202012.pdf
- Has presented on the VA claims process to attorneys and veterans.